The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Concessions Manager at the Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena. This position will develop and implement a system of communication and inventory control with our outside caterers and to ensure Complex customers have a pleasant and professional experience when hosting an event in our Banquet Hall and Main Arena. This position will also oversee Concessions for public skate sessions and non-ice Main Arena events.
Works with Facilities Supervisor on all Main Arena non-ice events Primary contact for all clients inquiring about hosting events in Main Arena. Creating all contracts for Main Arena clients. Responsible for all accounts receivable/payable for non-ice events hosted in Main Arena. Assist in preparation of set-up sheets for events
Essential duties include, but are not limited to those listed below: (A complete job description is available upon request)
Catering Duties/Concession Duties/Bar Duties:
- Working with caterers to determine how many guests will be attending each event
- Preparing and filling caterer’s order of equipment needs for each event
- Maintaining all areas of kitchen to local health code standards
- Scheduling part-time help for assistance on large equipment order preparation
- Securing all equipment during events except for items that have been requested
- Overseeing the operation of the concession stand in the lobby of the Main Arena
- Training, scheduling and managing staff in the concession stand
- Overseeing cleaning of concessions to local health code standards
- Ordering of all food and beverage needs for the concession stand
- Organize events serving alcohol in the Banquet Hall and Main Arena
- Keeping a running inventory after each event serving alcohol
- Scheduling of bartending services
- Secure bank for bar and confirm starting and ending amounts with bartender
- Oversee bar service during events to ensure professionalism and that all ABC laws are being observed
Three to five years supervisory experience preferred with organization skills, assigning and directing work, performance reviews and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Valid driver’s license required. ServSafe certification will be required within 1 year.
Salary and benefits beginning at $30,000.00 depending on experience, education, and other training.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN; Janis Parks at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications and resumes is Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 5:00PM.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.