TRASH TAXI GUIDELINES
Effective November 1, 2013
Trash Taxi will be the new residential solid waste and recycling collection provider for the City of Pelham. If you have any questions or concerns about your service you can contact Trash Taxi 205-419-4005 or email@example.com. If you wish to receive an additional cart or return an additional cart, please call Pelham Water Works at 205-620-6420. Pelham Pickup by Street
Observed annual holidays for Trash Taxi include: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Collection will be delayed one day for all residents following the holiday in that holiday week.
YARD DEBRIS & LUMBER REMOVAL:
- This service is provided WEEKLY by the City of Pelham Street & Sanitation Department
- Yard debris and lumber should be placed curbside and away from overhead and permanent obstacles
- Please contact the City of Pelham Street & Sanitation Department for guidelines
CURBSIDE CARTS: All collected items MUST be in the designated carts, where the lid can close completely.
Curbside service will be provided once per week from the gray 95 gallon carts, and curbside recycling pickup will be provided once per week from the 64 gallon carts. Carts must be 2 feet apart from each other and no further than 4 feet from the curb, and at least 4 feet away from overhead obstacles, mailboxes, permanent structures, etc. All carts are to be on the street by 6:00 a.m. on the day of pick up.
Pickup will be every week, the same day as garbage collection. ONLY approved recycle items are to go in the designated recyle carts. NO GARBAGE, PLEASE. If you have any questions, please contact Trash Taxi at 205-419-4005.
EXPANDED LIST OF RECYCLABLES:
- Plastic food, beverage, detergent bottles and jugs labeled #1 – #7 (rinsed)
- Water bottles
- Metal and aluminum cans (rinsed)
- Newspapers and inserts
- Telephone books
- Brown paper bags
- Corrugated cardboard
- Office paper
- Copy paper
- Shredded paper in paper bag
- File folders
- File or packing boxes
- Junk Mail
- Cereal boxes
- Brown or gray paper packages (soda cartons, dry food, packages, etc.)
Please remember to rinse all plastic, metal and aluminum items thoroughly.
Items not able to be recycled are:
- Plastic bags
- Milk or juice cardboard cartons (the poly-coated and cannot be recycled)
- Pizza boxes
- Loose shredded paper
- Medical waste
- Tissue products, paper towel, paper that has contact with food items
- Wax-coated paper
- Paper cups
- Plastic buckets, dishes, cookware, tupperware, rubbermaid products
- Styrofoam, bubble wrap
SPECIAL BULK WASTE SERVICE:
Pickup twice per year on scheduled collection dates in April and October. Have all items curbside by 6:00 a.m.
2016 Dates: April 2nd & October 1st
NOTE: If an item can be recycled or donated, please try those options first before discarding.
No item may weigh over 300 lbs or be over 6 ft long. Place items no further than 4 ft from the curb, away from overhead obstacles by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled date.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED: Refrigerators, Televisions, Freezers, Stoves, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Hot Water Heaters, Tires, Oil, Batteries, Engine blocks, Window AC units, Riding Lawnmowers, Bug Spray, Paint cans with Liquid Paint. Excluded Waste means hazardous waste, radioactive, volatile, corrosive, highly flammable, explosive, biomedical, infectious, bio-hazardous, toxic or listed or characteristic Hazardous Waste as defined by federal, state, provincial or local law or any other regulated waste. No needles or medical waste accepted.
ITEMS ACCEPTED: Grills (gas or propane tank removed), Push Lawnmowers (not riding, with gas tank removed), Paint Cans (see Special Handling) Furniture, Mattresses, Vacuum Cleaners, Auto Interior Parts, Picnic Tables, Dismantled Swing Sets, Bicycles and General Debris.
SPECIAL HANDLING – PAINT CANS
- Paint cans must be set aside from other heavy items for inspection.
- Tops of cans must be removed (tops can be set next to cans).
- Paint must be hardened or dry
- Paint cans with liquid paint or not dry must be filled with cat litter.
Trash Taxi – 205.419.4005