The City of Pelham is supported by numerous departments. Each department is unique and important in its role to support the community. Departments include the following: Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support), Court, Engineering (City Engineer), Building Inspections & GIS, Revenue, Human Resources, Facilities Maintenance & Landsacpe, Library, Parks & Recreation, Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas), and Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles), Police, and Fire. Also included is the Pelham Water/Sewer organization, Pelham Racquet Club, Ballantrae Golf Club and Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena.
These departments will inform Human Resources when employment opportunities are available. We encourage you to complete an on-line application and e-mail to: email@example.com. We will retain your application on file for sixty days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.)
The City of Pelham ensures that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. The City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Director of Hockey ~ The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Director of Hockey at the Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena. This position will continue to grow and develop the hockey program for the City of Pelham, and to promote the sport in the greater Pelham area by producing a positive experience for aspiring hockey players, existing players and families. The primary focus of the director of hockey is to grow player participation; develop hockey skills through skill development processes and instill character and values in each player.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: (JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST) ~ The director of hockey is responsible for overseeing the administration and operations of the Pelham Youth Hockey League (PYHL) on a day-to-day basis. The Director shall initiate and direct all programs and operations necessary for the creation of a safe and healthy environment with opportunities for new players to develop basic skills and for intermediate and advanced players to become more competitive within the system. The Director is responsible for on and off ice instruction of players and coaches of the PYHL. The Director should display an enthusiasm for the sport as well as passion, integrity and a strong work ethic.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Direct Association pre-season evaluations and placement of players; Implement coaching selection process; Develop a professional coaching staff; Attend monthly Birmingham Youth Hockey League (BYHL) Board of Directors’ meetings; Develop and maintain an ongoing education program for coaches, professional staff, and division commissioners; Assist in the development and maintenance of educational programs for the parents and Association philosophies consistent with U.S.A. Hockey philosophies and policies.
- Organize and coordinate the certification of coaches, and professional staff, within the U.S.A. Hockey Coaching Program; Enforce standards in coaching rules, regulations, and philosophies consistent with U.S.A. Hockey regulations and philosophies; Monitor and evaluate coaches and staff during the season; Resolve issues/disputes with parents and others involved in PYHL activities; Support team managers, coaches, staff, etc. …
- Work with appropriate referee programs—schedule/coordinate referee’s certification programs; Provide clinics/mini camps to develop player skills; Recruit players to the PYHL.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university is desired; significant hockey related experience and/or training or equivalent combination; a current registered member of U.S.A. Hockey; a level IV Certified Hockey coach (if not currently level IV, must obtain level IV certification within one year after job commencement). Salary beginning at $60,000.00 depending on education, experience and credentials.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN; Janis Parks at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications and resumes is Monday, June 20, 2015 at 5:00PM.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Concessions Manager ~ The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Concessions Manager at the Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena. This position will develop and implement a system of communication and inventory control with our outside caterers and to ensure Complex customers have a pleasant and professional experience when hosting an event in our Banquet Hall and Main Arena. This position will also oversee Concessions for public skate sessions and non-ice Main Arena events.
Works with Facilities Supervisor on all Main Arena non-ice events Primary contact for all clients inquiring about hosting events in Main Arena. Creating all contracts for Main Arena clients. Responsible for all accounts receivable/payable for non-ice events hosted in Main Arena. Assist in preparation of set-up sheets for events
Essential duties include, but are not limited to those listed below: (A complete job description is available upon request)
Catering Duties/Concession Duties/Bar Duties:
- Working with caterers to determine how many guests will be attending each event
- Preparing and filling caterer’s order of equipment needs for each event
- Maintaining all areas of kitchen to local health code standards
- Scheduling part-time help for assistance on large equipment order preparation
- Securing all equipment during events except for items that have been requested
- Overseeing the operation of the concession stand in the lobby of the Main Arena
- Training, scheduling and managing staff in the concession stand
- Overseeing cleaning of concessions to local health code standards
- Ordering of all food and beverage needs for the concession stand
- Organize events serving alcohol in the Banquet Hall and Main Arena
- Keeping a running inventory after each event serving alcohol
- Scheduling of bartending services
- Secure bank for bar and confirm starting and ending amounts with bartender
- Oversee bar service during events to ensure professionalism and that all ABC laws are being observed
Three to five years supervisory experience preferred with organization skills, assigning and directing work, performance reviews and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Valid driver’s license required. ServSafe certification will be required within 1 year.
Salary and benefits beginning at $30,000.00 depending on experience, education, and other training.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN; Janis Parks at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications and resumes is Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 5:00PM.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Application – All City Jobs except Police
Application – Police Department Pre-Employment Form